The Online MBA at Ole Miss
Flexible | Comprehensive | Challenging
Certificate in Business Leadership
You’re already known as a leader within your organization. Combine your experience with a certificate from the University of Mississippi’s top 10 online MBA program to accelerate your career. Earn the credentials to achieve your professional goals online in one year.
The online Certificate in Business Leadership is a combination of 12 credit hours related to organizational leadership, business planning, organizational systems, management, and analytical techniques for business. Students choose four courses from an approved list of Online MBA courses.
Minimum admission requirements for the business leadership certificate are:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited school in any field
- 3.0 GPA overall or in last 60 hours of bachelor’s program
- Two years of full-time post-baccalaureate work experience
In addition to submitting an Application for Graduate Admission, professionals interested in participating in the business leadership certificate should submit the following supplemental documentation:
- Two recommendation letters
- Statement of Purpose (approximately 400 words) addressing these questions:
- Why have you chosen to pursue the business leadership certificate?
- How will these studies help you attain your career goals?
- Anything you wish us to know that is not reflected in the other application materials.
- Prerequisite coursework
- Principles of Accounting (UM course ACCY 201 or equivalent)
- Business Finance (UM course FIN 331 or equivalent)
- For international students: TOEFL 600 or IBT 100
Supplemental application materials are submitted via the online application portal.
We understand that cost is always an important factor in graduate program selection. Ole Miss Online charges one flat tuition rate for business courses regardless of state/country of residence. There is also a per-credit hour technology fee in addition to tuition.
|Tuition* per hour||$894.50|
|Tuition* per 3-hour course||$2,683.50|
Transition to the Online MBA program
Students who successfully complete the Certificate in Business Leadership have the option of applying certificate courses toward a full Online MBA degree. In order to take advantage of this opportunity, students must complete the certificate with an overall GPA of 3.25 in the 12 hours of certificate coursework or submit a GMAT score of 500 (or equivalent GRE).